I made this at my mom's house this past weekend and they were a huge hit! Alysia ate 5 in just on sitting...the little porker! ;)
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. peanut butter
1 T. milk
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. sifted powdered sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 T. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat together butter, 1/2 c. sugar, brown sugar and the 1/4 c. PB until combined. Add egg, milk, and vanilla; beat well. Beat in as much of the flour as you can, stir in remaining flour with a wooden spoon. Form the chocolate dough into 32 balls about 1 1/4 in. in diameter. Set aside.
3. For filling, combine powdered sugar and 1/2 c. PB until smooth. Shape mixture into 32 balls about 3/4 in. in diameter.
4. On a work surface, slightly flatten a choc. dough ball; top owith a PB ball and then shape the choc. part over the PB ball. Roll dough into a ball again.
5. Place balls 2 in. apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in the 2 T. of sugar.
6. Bake cookies in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until just set and surface slightly cracks. et stand 1 minute. Transfer to wire racks.
These are SUPER yummy!