Thursday, October 2, 2008

Grilled citrus Salmon, recipe courtesy of the Moose

Some salmon filets.. this recipe is enough for about 3-4 servings.
1 1/2 t lemon juice
2T olive oil
1T dijon mustard
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 dash salt
1t basil (Emily, you could do your fancy basil ribbon cut on this, but I used dried and was fine with it)
1tcrushed ginger... powdered works too.
1t dill
2t small capers (you find those with the condiments, like mustard and the like, they come in small jars and are green. People in their normal mind wouldn't eat them, I'd always decorate the edge of my plate with them, when my mom cooked with them, but who in their right mind would cook meatballs with raisins and capers in a sweet and sour sauce... I tell you, German cooking is quite something else. You are lucky I never subjected you to Koenigsberger Klops. And you wonder why I turned out the way I did...)

In small pan sautee over med. heat, combined sauce ingredients...ups, I forgot that part, it still tasted quit good. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Line a baking dish with tinfoil, put grill thing in pan, fish on top, then top with topping and bake for about 25 minutes at 350. If you use frozen Salmon and don't defrost it first, it will need longer. Test it before taking it out. It doesan't taste good raw, but if you cook it too long it gets tough. If you want to grill it, it only needs to be done for 10-12 minutes.

So what about those amazing salmon sandwiches you ask.... well if you have any left-over salmon, shredd it and mix in some mayo, like you would do with tuna for tuna salad sandwiches. Thats it. mix it up well and spread on a sandwich. I think those are my favorite sandwiches ever, and even Sam liked it. So I can be found at 4:30 am grilling salmon for sandwiches for a picnic later that day. But you don't have to get up that early to do it, it will taste just fine if done later in the day.

No comments: