Monday, December 6, 2010
1 lb. beef stew chunks (or ground beef)
8 oz. small pasta, such as macaroni, or shells
1 small onion
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
16 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 can diced or stewed tomatoes
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
2 cans beef broth (or equivalent water with beef bouillon)
3/4 cup cream or half and half
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp. paprika
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste (I used about 3/4 tsp.)
1. In a large pot, cook noodles to al dente. Set aside.
2. While the noodles are cooking, in another large stockpot, on high heat, brown the beef and drain any excess fat.
3. Add the onions, garlic, celery, and mushrooms and saute until celery is tender crisp, about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add the tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, paprika, chili powder and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 30-60 minutes. (Or however long you'd like...)
5. Remove from heat and add noodles, cream and sour cream. Adjust spices as necessary.