Saturday, May 12, 2012

PW's Chicken Scallopine


I saw this recipe on Pioneer Woman's site, but never thought it looked that good. I don't know why, but it just didn't. Then when we had our Girl's weekend in St. George, Em insisted on having it and since she was cooking, I wasn't complaining!  It was so good!! I don't know what I was thinking! My only complaint was that there wasn't much of a sauce- it was really liquidy and there just wasn't much of it. So I made a few modifications to mine to thicken the sauce and LOVED how it turned out. Of course, it tasted even better on my stinkin' adorable polka-dot dishes on Valentine's Day with my two favorite people in the whole world. :)

Here is the recipe with the few changes I made:

Pioneer Woman's Chicken Scallopine

1 pound Linguine
6 whole Boneless, Skinless, Trimmed Chicken Breasts (smaller ones)
Salt And Pepper, to taste
Flour
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 Tablespoons Butter
12 ounces, weight White Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
1 1/4 c. chicken broth
Juice of 1 whole Lemon
½ cups Heavy Cream
1 T. Capers
2 t. cornstarch
Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley
Parmesan Cheese, For Topping

Cook Linguine according to package directions.

Start by pounding your chicken breats between two pieces of wax paper until they are pretty thin and a uniform thickness- you don't want to overcook them because some parts are thicker than others.

Once they are pounded flat, sprinkle with Salt and pepper and then dredge in flour.

In a large skillet, combine 4 T. of butter and olive oil in pan. Once hot, add the chicken and cook on both sides until golden brown. Once both sides are finished, put them on a plate and set aside.

Leave your drippings in the pan and add your thinly sliced mushrooms, 1 1/4 c. chicken broth and lemon juice, while scraping the bottom of the pan. Allow these to cook for a minute or so and then add your cream and capers.

This is where I mixed about 1/8 c. of chicken broth with 1-2 t. of cornstarch. Once it was combined, I added it to the mushroom mixture to allow it to thicken. I then added more chicken broth until I got the desired thickness of my sauce.

Season with Salt and Pepper to taste and Voila! You are finished!

This was soooooooooo good!

No comments: