Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Frosty


I'm not going to pretend that this is low calorie. Not even remotely. BUT, that being said, it is super filling and I find that when I eat it for breakfast, I'm not hungry again for hours. And that can be a good thing. Because then I eat fewer calories throughout the day.  Think of this as a meal replacement shake.  Or two meal replacement shake!  Oh, and you should also know that it is delicious. I found the recipe in a runner's magazine and it's my favorite thing to drink after a long run. It's so filling and I feel like the protein is good for me. We can pretend, right?

Source: Laura Scudder
Serves: 2 (Or in my case, 1 really, really tall glass, all for me!)

1/2 cup chocolate soy milk (I use regular) or low fat chocolate milk
4 oz. chocolate whipped yogurt (I used 1/2 a container of Yoplait Chocolate Mousse)
1/3 cup chocolate protein drink (I never use this much... I found that 1/2 a scoop with the enclosed scoop of my protein powder was plenty)
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
ice cubes
cinnamon, for garnish

This is easy folks:
1. Combine everything in the blender and process until smooth and frosty. I usually just add enough ice cubes to get the right consistency... or enough to equal 2 cups.

2. Pour it into two tall cups and garnish with cinnamon, if desired.

No comments: