Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Em's Sugar Cookies and Frosting

I never have this recipe when I need it and my sister keeps texting it to me and then it gets lost in my text history. So- I'm putting it up so I don't have to ask her again! :) These sugar cookies are my favorite!

Here's what you need:
1 c. butter
1 c. sour cream
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla

6 1/2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt

Mix the first 5 ingredients together and then add the last 3. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

Makes 5-6 dozen

Buttercream Frosting
1 1/2 c. butter
2 t. vanilla
1-2 T. cream or milk
about 1 lb. powdered sugar

Mix butter and vanilla until soft. Add about 1 lb. powdered sugar, give or take a bit. Add a pinch of salt and milk/cream until you reach your desired consistency

No comments: