Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Zucchini Casserole


Vegetable garden season and I love it! This is actually super yummy. I'm surprised every time I make it how much I like it.

2 lbs zucchini, sliced/quartered (6-8 cups...I usually do 8ish)
1/4 cup chopped or sliced onions
1 can (10 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup Sour Cream
1 cup shredded carrots
1 pkg (8 oz) herb-seasoned stuffing mix
1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted

Cook zucchini and onion in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Drain. Set aside. Combine soup and sour cream. Stir in carrots. Fold in the drained squash and onion. Combine stuffing mix and melted butter. Spread half of stuffing on bottom of a baking dish. Spoon vegetable mixture on top, and sprinkle remaining stuffing over vegetables.

(Note: Can also add cooked and seasoned chicken or whatever meat to your liking)

Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes, uncovered. Makes 6 servings.

No comments: