Friday, April 3, 2009

Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting (for pumpkin and carrot cakes)


OK... here's the awesome frosting I used on the quick pumpkin cupcakes. The recipe is from Allrecipes. I love this stuff. I think it would be great on carrot cake, or pumpkin bread... the brown sugar in it gives it a really warm flavor that would complement those kinds of baked goods. A little note, though... do not overbeat frosting with whipping cream! I've ruined many a frosting by letting my whipping cream get overbeaten. Make sure it's really cold when you beat it and once you have your stiff peaks, stop immediately! Otherwise, your frosting gets runny. This stuff was sturdy enough for me to pipe on the cupcakes.

1 cup whipping cream
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar and vanilla. Beat just until soft and creamy, but don't overbeat the cream cheese.

In a separate bowl, whip cream to soft peaks, then fold into cream cheese mixture.

You may have to refrigerate for a few minutes for the frosting to stiffen up enough to pipe on cupcakes.

No comments: