Monday, June 13, 2011

Blueberry Muffins


My little girl and I went blueberry picking the other day and came home with a couple pounds of big, fresh blueberries. I decided I wanted to make blueberry muffins, blueberry pancakes and a chicken salad with blueberries. As of this morning I can check off the muffins! I had wanted to make my sister's Lemon Blueberry Muffins, but I didn't have all the necessary ingredients. So I found this one on Taste of Home and was really happy with it. It wasn't as "light and fluffy" as I usually love my muffins to be, but it was still a darn good muffin. Throw in the fact that it was
easy, and tasted as good if not better than a muffin mix, and the recipe
definitely gets my vote.

Ingredients
Batter
1/2 C. butter, softened
1 C. sugar
2 eggs
1/2 C. milk
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon peel
2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
Dash of Salt
2 C. fresh or frozen blueberries

Glaze
1 1/2 C. Powdered Sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. butter melted
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions
Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each
addition. Toss in your milk, lemon juice and lemon peel, mix well. Co
mbine the flour, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl and add into liquid mixture. Fold in the berries.
Put into paper muffin cups and bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes.

For the Glaze:
Combine all the ingredients! Beat well. :)
Once your muffins are out of the oven, remove them to a cooling rack. I put the glaze in a little ziploc bag, cut off a tiny corner and drizzled it over the muffins that way, but I'm sure you could just use a spoon and drizzle it that way as well. I just found the baggy worked great for me because the glaze isn't very runny and I didn't want clumps of glaze on the muffins.

No comments: