Sunday, June 15, 2008

Perfect Potato Salad

I must admit I don't love potato salad. I especially don't like the stuff you get pre-made at the store. But I tried this recipe the other night and really liked it, as did Jared and Caden. It was the perfect mix of ingredients. It's a pretty basic potato salad recipe. I found it at allrecipes.com.
4 Potatoes
4 Eggs
1/2 stalk celery, chopped
1/4 cup sweet relish (I used dill relish and Jared wanted even more relish...)
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. mustard
1/2 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
Paprika

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; I like to cook mine in vegetable or chicken broth for a bit more flavor... I would recommend it so your potatoes aren't too bland.
2. Drain Potatoes and after they've cooled, chop into bite size pieces. (They're much easier to chop once they've cooled...)

3. Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water; peel and chop.

4. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, celery, sweet relish, garlic, mustard, mayonnaise and salt and pepper. Gently mix together and serve warm. (I served mine cold and it was still good!) Give it a nice dusting of paprika to top it all off!

No comments: