Sunday, June 15, 2008

Strawberry Whipped Sensation

I made this the other night and it was delish! I got it off the Kraftfoods website and they even have a video to walk you through it. It was a bit like fresh strawberry ice cream. Oh, and I accidentally added extra lemon juice and it was great! So I'm including my lemon juice measurements... I can't imagine doing it with less. Enjoy!

4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 c lemon juice (the original recipe only calls for 1/4 cup but I thought 1/2 cup was perfect!)
1 8 oz. tub whipped topping, thawed and divided
16 Oreo cookies, chopped finely chopped (original recipe only calls for 8... but I thought it needed more)
1 Tbsp. melted butter

LINE 9x5-inch loaf pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Make sure there's enough hanging over the sides, that you can cover the pan with it. Mash 2 cups of the strawberries in large bowl. Add condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the whipped topping; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. (I actually used 3 mini bread pans and gave 2 away... made for a very pretty gift...)

MIX chopped cookies and butter. Spoon over whipped topping mixture. Cover with ends of foil and gently (make sure it's really gently... I pressed too hard even when I thought I was being gentle) press cookie mixture into whipped topping mixture. Freeze 6 hours or until firm.

INVERT dessert onto serving plate when ready to serve; remove pan and foil. Spread remaining whipped topping onto top and sides of dessert. Slice remaining 2 cups strawberries; arrange over dessert. Store leftovers in freezer.

No comments: