2 cups crushed gingersnaps
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
6-7 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (yes, it needs to be fresh!)
1 envelope unflavored gelatin (about 2 1/2 tsp.)
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
10 ounces white chocolate, chopped
24 ounces cream cheese (3 8 oz. packages), softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon zest (don't skip this, even if you hate lemon zest, Dacia...)
For the crust:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, butter and sugar. Press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 10 inch springform pan. Set aside. (I let mine chill in the fridge)
For the filling:
1. In a large bowl, combine the lemon juice and gelatin and let stand for 2 minutes.
2. Bring 1/2 cup of whipping cream to a simmer in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and add white chocolate, stirring until smooth.
3. Stir the gelatin mixture and whipping cream mixture together and allow to cool.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon zest at medium speed until well combined. Slowly beat in cooled white chocolate mixture and combine.
5. In a large bowl beat remaining cups of cream at high speed until soft peaks form. Fold into white chocolate and cream cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust. (Instead of garnishing later with chocolate curls, I poured some white chocolate chips into the bottom of my crust, before pouring the cake mixture in.)
6. Cover and freeze overnight. Remove from freezer at least 15 minutes before you plan to serve (otherwise it's too hard to cut slices... I may know this from experience). Run a knife around the edge of the pan to release the crust from the sides of the pan. Garnish with chocolate curls and enjoy!